” If she lived in another era, she would certainly be one of the goddess Artemis nymphs, since when you listen her play, you become ecstatic…
Her music goes through your body and explodes your senses soaring… “
We are speaking, of course, about Zoe Tiganouria, the Greek composer, accordion soloist & performer. Born and raised in the distant Island of Samothrace in a family of Traditional musicians, she has worked as a composer and accordionist with all the famous singers in the Greek discography, but also with international artists (such as James Brown, Al Di-Meola, Ömer Faruk Tekbilek, Goran Bregović, Chico Freeman, Zülfü Livaneli, and others).
She performed at the AIMS Best Marathon Runner Gala 2015, organized by AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) in collaboration with SEGAS (Hellenic Athletics Federation), which was broadcasted live worldwide by ERT (Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation) with main presenter Mr. Alexis Kostalas.
As the owner of the music production company “Zoe Music Ltd.” she is selected by the European project “100 Mirrors” among the 100 women entrepreneurs from several European countries, who serve as models for other women wishing to start their own businesses or strengthening their creative and entrepreneurial skills.
Zoe has received a honorary distinction by the international accordion “giants” at the Ikaalinen Accordion Festival in Finland, participated in the Frankfurt Music Fair, awarded with the UNESCO Medal of Honor by the Historical Museum of Alexandroupolis for her contribution to the Cultural Heritage of Evros Prefecture, entitled as the “Face of Arsinoe” and her compositions were used as the background music in video projections of the “Giuseppe Sciacca” International Awards in the Vatican.
- More than twenty (20) personal albums and singles from 2006 until today,
- Books with sheet music + CD for transcription & play-along,
- More than two hundred compositions in the Greek discography from 1999 till present time,
- Compositions & cover versions in international compilations
- Hundreds of recordings,
- Orchestral compositions,
- Soundtracks for documentaries and television series,
Zoe Tiganouria also represents Greece abroad, by participating in large festivals and giving numerous concerts.
Also known as “Zoe”, she is an artist who is not limited by geographical boundaries, and as she says:
“Music is a Universe full of senses …“
- “Libertango” (Karozas Entertainment Ltd., 2006)
- “Tanguera” (Karozas Entertainment Ltd., 2007)
- “Deligianneio Parthenagogeio” – original soundtrack of the same-titled Greek TV series (Heaven Music S.A, 2008)
- “Zoe 06/09” (Zoe Music Ltd, 2009)
- “Zoe’s Code” (Zoe Music Ltd, 2011)
- “Avec Toi” CD-Single Zoe feat. In-Grid (Energy Production Srl., 2011)
- “Zoe’s Music No.1 – Tango, Swing & Classical forms” Book with music scores+CD (Cambia Editions, 2012)
- “Φως – Rockin’ Zoe” (Zoe Music Ltd, 2013)
- “Zoe’s Music No.2 – Traditional & Folk forms” Book with music scores+CD (Cambia Editions, 2013)
- “Nostalgia”Remix – Dreamers Inc. feat Zoe (Digital Release by Zoe Music Ltd, 2015)
- “Psitoulis and his Friends” Book for children with music scores+CD (Cambia Editions, 2016)
- “Sweet Daughter” (Digital Release by FM Records, 2016)
- “Two Red Lips” (Digital Release by FM Records, 2016)
- “Nostalgia” (Digital Release by FM Records, 2016)
- “L’ Accordéon par Zoe” (Digital Release by FM Records, 2016)
- “Samothrace’s Step” (Zoe Music Ltd, 2016)
- “Ouranoessa* ” (Digital Release by 14Music, 2016)
- “Last Tango by Zoe” (Digital Release by Zoe Music Ltd, 2016)
- “Last Tango – Zoe & Dj Tasos Pilarinos” [Remixes] (Digital Release by Zoe Music Ltd, 2016)
- “Every End, is a Beginning” Zoe feat Precious (Digital Release by Zoe Music Ltd, 2017)
- “Anathema Se” Lute Version – Zoe feat Giannis Sevastopoulos (Digital Release by Zoe Music Ltd, 2017)
- “Stathis Gantzouras” – Zoe feat Stathis Gantzouras (Digital Release by Zoe Music Ltd, 2017)
(For extended biography press “Read more” )
…”I was born and raised in the distant Island of Samothrace, in a family of traditional musicians. Upon my arrival in Athens, I began my quest by experimenting with various musical forms and Traditions. Throughout this personal artistic journey, I discovered my love for the accordion, which after three years, led me to compose my own songs and instrumental pieces…’’
…Zoe studies Harmony and Counterpoint at the “Nikos Skalkottas” Conservatory, she gives many compositions as a composer and makes hundreds of recordings as an accordionist. She collaborates and performs with established Greek singers and songwriters such as D. Galani, G. Dalaras, H. Alexiou, Marinella, N. Papazoglou, F. Nikolaou, E. Arvanitaki, M. Hatzigiannis, K. Hatzis, M. Frangoulis, V. Papakonstantinou, K. Macedonas, M. Lidakis, T. Tsanaklidou, A. Remos, A. Kayaloglou, M. Kana, A. Moutsatsou, O. Peridis, P. Thalassinos, A. Ketime, G. Andreatos, C. Dantis, and many more..
In 2006, after many successful collaborations, Zoe forms her own band and starts touring in Greece and abroad. This year is a turning point in her personal career, as she starts experimenting with Jazz, Latin, Tango, Balkan, Folk and Traditional styles.
- 2005: Composes the soundtrack for the Greek-Turkish documentary “Yakın Ada Uzak Ada: Burgazada”, which was filmed in Prince’s Islands and hosted by the Turkish media.
- 2006: Opens the concerts of James Brown in Athens (Lycabettus Theater) and Thessaloniki (Earth Theater). Within the Greek Summer Tour, Zoe gives a concert in Samothrace, her birthplace, with Chico Freeman as her special guest.
- 2007: Zoe’s first album (and double sided CD) “Libertango” is on the market, followed by the orchestral album “Tanguera”. Both of them meet with great success (sold-out).
- Performs with Michalis Xatzigiannis as she opens with her group all the concerts of his European Tour.
- Performs as a soloist in albums such as “Synra” by M. Koumpios, “Four Bijoux” by G. Kazantzis, “Carte Postale” by N. Mavroudis and many more..
- Cover songs such as “Let me go” and “Libertango” are included in collections such as “Buddha Bar IX”, Compact Disk Club “Last Tango in Athens”, “El Pecado” and “Chillin’ in Mykonos”.
- Her composition “Greek Mountains” is hosted in the “The spirit of the Greek Mountains” collection and her song “I’ll be travelling”, interpreted by Dimitra Galani, is found in the “Mediterranean voices” collection. Meanwhile, Zoe continues to give many compositions to other artists such as “Estudiatina II: A tear in a glass”- interpreted by Areti Ketime and “On the currents of the world” – interpreted by Michalis Tzouganakis.
- 2008: Zoe’s third album “Deligianneio Parthenagogeio” (Deligianni’s Virgin’s School) is on the market. Written, directed and produced by Zoe, it is the soundtrack of the same-titled TV series. The lyrics of the main theme-song are written by the actor and script writer Charis Romas and interpreted by Vassilis Papakonstantinou.
- Collaborates with the actor Aggeliki Dalianis and the percussionist Soli Barki, in the theatrical play “The Ugly Duckling” of Hans Christian Andersen, directed by M. Koumpios, which premiered at Badminton Theater and toured in Greece.
- 2009: Performs live in “Megaron” The Athens Concert Hall.
- Collaborates with ROLAND, the leading international manufacturer and distributor of electronic instruments to promote V-Accordion in the International Exhibition Hall in Frankfurt.
- Performs live with her Quintet in “Half Note Jazz Club”.
- Represents Greece in the 5th Accordion World Festival in Ikalinen Finland, where she is awarded a honorary diploma by famous accordionists such as Frank Marocco, Rengo Ruggieri, Frederic Deschamps, Kevin Friedrich, Mika Vayrynen, Jorgen Sundeqvist and the festival’s artistic director Kimmo Mattila. The festival was broadcasted on Finish television and Press coverage was also extensive.
- Zoe’s fourth album “Zoe 06/09” can be found on the market. In her effort to truly contribute to social awareness, she donates to the public welfare organization “act!onaid” 1 euro from every album sold.
- Performs live with Kostas Hatzis and collaborates with the groups “Onirama” and “Akcent” in the MAD Secret Concerts.
- 2010: After appearing in the Inauguration of “Michalis Kakoyannis Institute” she performs at the “Giannis Ritsos Amphitheatre” owned by Athens 9,84 FM radio station, part of the celebration for International Poetry Day.
- Participates in the celebration for International Theatre Day and performs with Glykeria at “Half Note Jazz Club”.
- Performs as a special guest alongside Zülfü Livaneli and Glykeria at their concert in the church of Saint Irene in Istanbul (Konstantinoupolis).
- Zoe and her group starts a summer tour in Greece and performs in “Orestia Festival” at Orestiada city, in “Technopolis” at Athens city – for the International Music Day, in Alexandroupoli city, in Samothrace, in “Ardas Cultural Festival”, in Karditsa city, in Tripoli city, in Thasos and many more… She ends this tour by performing at the three-day festival “Thrace steps on it!”.
- Performs live in the historical building of the “Old Parliament House” participating in the “First International Philosophical Forum”, where she is awarded with a medal of honour by UNESCO.
- 2011: Zoe’s fifth album “Zoe’s Code”, with the world known performer In-Grid as a special guest, is on the market. The song “Avec Toi” meets great success and is hosted in many compilations.
- The official video-clip of the song “Avec Toi” is released by ZOE MUSIC Ltd, with Zoe and the world known performer In-Grid in the leading roles. The shooting of the video-clip takes place in the 5* star resort Grand Resort Lagonissi in Athens.
- 2012: Performs live for the “Association for Ancient and Cultural Heritage of Evros”, where she is awarded with a metal of honour by the Historical Museum of Alexandroupolis for her contribution in the Cultural Heritage of Evros perfecture.
- Performs live with her group in the Carl-Orff-Saal at the Gasteig in Munich, where she meets great acceptance from the local audience..
- Continuing her European tour, she is invited and plays with the “L’ Harmonie Municipale Bascharage” Philharmonic of the town of Käerjeng in Luxembourg, in the Annual Celebration dedicated to the Sea.
- Represents Greece in the World Accordion Day 2012, organized by the Confédération Internationale des Accordéonistes (CIA) and held via internet. Among the 87 countries participating, Greece is within the first ten with the highest views.
- The Book with music scores+CD entitled “Zoe’s Music No.1 – Tango, Swing & Classical forms”, is published by Cambia Editions and it includes, for the first time, music scores for accordion and piano of Zoe Tiganouria’s personal compositions, selected from her personal discography. The edition is accompanied by a CD with recordings made specifically for this purpose, orchestrated by Zoe, with educational approach for musicians and artistic sensitivity for listeners. It is considered ideal for both transcription & play-along, and easy listening.
- 2013: The seventh personal album of Zoe -with songs this time- entitled “Φως – Rockin ‘Zoe” is released by Zoe Music Ltd., with lyrics by the author Evanthia Magni. In this production many famous, and also new upcoming artists, participate such as: Kostas Makedonas, Areti Ketime, Aspasia Theofilou, Nikolas Adespotos, Giannis Moraitis, Konstantinos Romanidis, Stelios Generalis.
- The Book with music scores+CD entitled “Zoe’s Music No.2 – Traditional & Folk forms”, is published by Cambia Editions, following the previously released “Zoe’s Music No.1 – Tango, Swing & Classical forms”.
- 2014: Performs at the Giuseppe Sciacca International Awards Ceremony in the Pontifical Urbaniana University in Vatican and the videos of the winners are synchronised with her instrumental compositions.
- Performs in the Ancient Theatre Stadio di Domiziano in Rome.
- Participates in the 5th Economic Forum of Thrace, which held at her birthplace, Samothrace.
- Her instrumental compositions are used in the fashion show entitled “Arsinoe’s Nymphs”, by the fashion house AdT.
- Performs at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall.
- Performs at the “91 Years of Maria Callas” Dinner Gala, held in the Eugenides Foundation (Planetarium).
- Performs in various venues, such as HalfNote, Passport, Magemenos Avlos (the haunt of the composer Manos Hadjidakis), Alexandreia Multi-Venue (the house of the writer M. Karagatsis), Galerie of Creators, AntArt, T-Square Restaurant in Glyfada Golf Club and many more..
- 2015: Performs at the “Eleftheria” (Freedom) Annual Festival and the Ardas Youth Festival.
- Participates and performs for the “Τorch Race for Blood Donation” in Kallithea Municipality.
- Besides performing live, Zoe also composes the music of the album of the renown Greek folk singer Stelios Dionysiou.
- Presents the production “Aromas of the World & Byzantine Myrrhs” in Athens.
- Performs at the AIMS Best Marathon Runner Gala 2015, organized by AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) in collaboration with SEGAS (Hellenic Athletics Federation), which was broadcasted live worldwide by ERT (Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation) with main presenter Mr. Alexis Kostalas.
- Presents the production “Aromas of the World & Byzantine Myrrhs” in Alexandroupolis and meets great success.
- Presents the production “A Fan made of Women” in the historical music scene “Zygos” and continues the sold-out performances in the “Gyalino” Music Theatre.
- Performs as a soloist in the National Archaeological Museum of Athens.
- 2016: Continues the sold-out performances “A Fan made of Women” in the “Gyalino” Music Theatre.
- Performs as an accordion soloist in the “Reading again Mikis Theodorakis” collection the great Greek composer’s song “You were good and you were sweet”.
- Four (4) new digital albums of Zoe entitled “Sweet Daughter”, “Two Red Lips”, “Nostalgia” and “L’ Accordéon par Zoe” are released on digital stores by Fm Records.
- The book entitled “Psitoulis and his Friends” published by Cambia Editions, includes music scores of Zoe’s compositions, especially arranged for children and accordion or piano beginners. It is accompanied by a CD for transcription, helping beginners learn easy and understand the way of writing music and the way it sounds in real time.
- Participates as a soloist at the Opening Ceremony of the Patra’s Carnival.
- Performs in Athens Municipality Cultural Center with national live radio broadcast from the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (ERT).
- Performs live at the Nea Smyrni’s Municipality Cultural Center.
- Performs live in the Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” in the context of the “Fly me to Moon” project.
- Performs live in the Michael Cacoyannis Foundation.
- Zoe composes the song “Samothrace’s Step” with lyrics by His Eminence Metropolitan of Alexandroupolis, Samothrace and Traianoupolis Mr. Anthimos, which is considered to be a hymn for her birthplace, the Island of Samothrace.
- The digital single “Ouranoessa* ” is released by 14Music. It is a song composed by Zoe with lyrics by M. Georgiou, inspired from the same titled novel of the author Kostas Krommydas.
- Zoe composes the song “Skoufokokkinitsa” with lyrics by M. Georgiou, for the same titled children’s fairytale of the author and illustrator Marina Gioti.
- Performs as a guest accordion soloist at the G. Dalaras concert in Alexandra Palace in London.
- Zoe and her group starts a summer tour in Greece and performs live in the Municipality of Voula-Vari-Vouliagmeni, the Koroni Festival, the Open Air Theatre at Paralio Astros and many more venues.
- Zoe’s compositions and renditions are included in many summer collections such as “Welcome to Del Mar”, “Famous Greek Composers”, “Greek Tango: Top 10 of All Times, Summer Paths”, “Santorini Smooth Jazz Selection”, “Buddha Blue”, “Buddha Beach Cocktails: Mykonos and Ibiza Vibes”, “Santorini Jazz: Ultra Jazzy Lounge”, “Beach Bar in Greece”, “Balkan Dreams”, “Santorini Kiss at Sunset”, “Coffee Time in Greece”, “From Ibiza to Santorini”, “Full Moon at Cape Sounion”, “Greek Lounge Hotel”, “Lounge Summer in Tilos”, “Greek Road Trip”, “Luxury in Greece: Best of Lounge”, “Mediterranean Classical Favourites”, etc.
- Zoe performs live with her father at a lunch in honor of His Beatitude Archbishop of Athens & All Greece and President of the Holy Synod of Bishops Mr. Ieronymos B’, held in her birthplace, the Island of Samothrace.
- Zoe performs live in the Numismatic Museum (Iliou Melathron).
- Zoe Tiganouria releases her new instrumental Electro-Tango composition entitled “Last Τango by Zoe” featuring the mezzo soprano of the Greek National Opera Eleni Voudouraki in vocalise.
Zoe’s C.V. is also found in the “Who is Who” Encyclopedias published by Hübner along with other great personalities C.V.s.
Compositions & Participations…
- “Good morning dear Aunt/Traditional Songs and Dances from Samothrace with Dimitris Tiganourias” Vol. I (THE HELLENIC MUSIC ARCHIVES) (1997)
- “Even your windows/Traditional Songs and Dances from Samothrace with Dimitris Tiganourias” Vol. II (THE HELLENIC MUSIC ARCHIVES) (1999)
- “The bet” by Gerasimos Andreatos (1999)
- “One life inside another” by Dimitris Yfantis (2000)
- “The light of Love” by Kostas Makedonas (2000)
- “The room” by Christos Dantis (2001)
- “Everything begins here” by Eleni Peta (2001)
- “Dimitra – Tania…live recordings in ‘Zygos’ 2001-2002” (Dimitra Galani & Tania Tsanaklidou) (2002)
- “Damn you…” by Dimitris Mpasis (2003)
- “Syrna” by Michalis Koubios (2004)
- “Open Borders” by Gregory Petrakos (2005)
- “Light years” by Kostas Makedonas (2005)
- “Carte Postale” by Notis Mavroudis (2006)
- “El Pecado”- Remezzo Mykonos (Planetworks S.A.) (2006)
- “Estoudiantina II: Tear in the glass” (George Dalaras Productions) (2006)
- “Foux Bijoux” by Giorgos Kazantzis (2007)
- “Chillin’ in Mykonos”-Vol. 1 (Universal Music S.A.) (2007)
- “Last tango in Athens” (Compact Disc Club collection) (2008)
- “Currents of the world” by Michalis Tzouganakis (2008)
- “Mediterranean Voices” (Universal Music S.A.)(2009)
- “Santa Marina Luxury Collection-Mykonos” Vol.1(Universal Music S.A.) (2011)
- “Chilin’ in Mykonos” Vol. XI by Easy Coutiel (Universal Music S.A.) (2011)
- “Sweet & Sweat” Vol. IX by Petros Kostopoulos (Universal Music S.A.) (2011)
- “VILLAMERCEDES” by dj gigli (Planetworks.gr) (2011)
- “DUBAI 2” by Dario Raimondi Cominesi & Alvaro Ugolini (Energy Production Srl.) (2011)
- “Guru – Ten Years Anniversary Compilation” L i m i t e d E d i t i o n (Mukta Music) (2012)
- “Accordeon 2013 Compilation” (Sun Records) (2012)
- “Harem’s Secret Vol. 3” (Clubstar GmbH & Co KG) (2013)
- “From my heart – Best 2013” (Sony Music) (2013)
- “Strange Days” (Universal) (2013)
- “Let Me Go” Buddha Bar XV by DJ Ravin (George V Eatertainment) (2013)
- “Nostalgia – Remix” by Dreamers Inc. (2015)
- “I loved You” Stelios Dionysiou (Sony) (2015)
- “Blue Passion” (George Spanos) (2015)
- “The Pawn” Alexia Michael (2016)
- “I would like” Christos Karvelas (2016)
- “The Ticket” Vasiliki Stefanou (2016)
- “Kantrilies in Samothrace.. Like the old days” Dimitris Tiganourias (Zoe Music Ltd.) (2016)
- “Welcome to Del Mar” (2016)
- “Famous Greek Composers” (2016)
- “Greek Tango: Top 10 of All Times” (2016)
- “Summer Paths” (2016)
- “Santorini Smooth Jazz Selection” (2016)
- “Buddha Blue” (2016)
- “Buddha Beach Cocktails: Mykonos and Ibiza Vibes” (2016)
- “Santorini Jazz: Ultra Jazzy Lounge” (2016)
- “Beach Bar in Greece” (2016)
- “Balkan Dreams” (2016)
- “Santorini Kiss at Sunset” (2016)
- “Coffee Time in Greece” (2016)
- “From Ibiza to Santorini” (2016)
- “Full Moon at Cape Sounion” (2016)
- “Greek Lounge Hotel” (2016)
- “Lounge Summer in Tilos” (2016)
- “Greek Road Trip” (2016)
- “Luxury in Greece: Best of Lounge” (2016)
- “Mediterranean Classical Favourites” (2016)
- “World Traveler” (2016)
- “Trotamundos: Viajar A La Música Del Mundo” (2016)
- “Love, Waltzes and Tango” (2017)